- Jarrow most popular probiotic
- Refrigerated throughout transportation and
storage for maximum potency
- Encapsuled at world famous institut Rosell
- Enhanced with FOS for faster colonisation
- Survives stomach acid
- 6 species of beneficial intestinal flora
Friendly bacteria can bolster our defences against disease. Our
bodies are host to several thousand billion friendly bacteria.
These bacteria play a role in digestion and also in tandem with
our immune system to keep us healthy
It is important to keep the ratio of friendly bacteria to harmful
bacteria in balance. For example, friendly bacteria can protect us
from overgrowth and infection of fungi and yeasts, which can
produce harmful substances.
Taking a good pro-biotic formula can start the "culture" of the
balance of bacteria in our intestines toward the health promoting
ratio. Taking a diet high in soluble fibre will provide the "food" for
these friendly bacteria to multiply and restore healthy numbers.
Especially good after a course of anti-biotic or when one's
balance of bacteria are in the wrong tip of the scale.
dissolve capsule in mouth, 20–60 minutes after eating. For
infants and children, open capsules and pour contents into water
or over food. Or take as directed by your qualified health
Jarro-Dophilus™ + FOS survives stomach acid and colonizes the
intestines. FOS are natural carbohydrates that enhance
replication of beneficial bacteria.* At time of manufacture, each
capsule contains approximately 3.4 billion probiotic organisms in
the following percentages and amounts:
Keep out of the reach of children.
1. Microbiology. 2007 Jan;153(Pt 1):291-9.Growth of probiotic lactobacilli
in the presence of oleic acid enhances subsequent survival in gastric juice.
2. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2006 Dec;8(6):464-6. Role of
probiotics in the prevention of neonatal necrotizing enterocolitis: a case-
control study. Li LQ, Wu B et al.
3. Acta Biomed Ateneo Parmense. 2006 Aug;77(2):118-23. Diet and
cancer. Divisi D et al.
4. Med Hypotheses. 2005;65(6):1132-5. Epub 2005 Aug 10. Probiotic
lactobacilli: an innovative tool to correct the malabsorption syndrome of
vegetarians? Famularo G et al.
5. CMAJ. 2006 Aug 15;175(4):377-83. Probiotics for pediatric antibiotic-
associated diarrhea: a meta-analysis of randomized placebo-controlled
trials. Johnston BC et al.
6. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2001 Oct;33 Suppl 2:S17-25. Probiotics in
the treatment and prevention of acute infectious diarrhea in infants and
children: a systematic review of published randomized, double-blind,
placebo-controlled trials. Szajewska H et al.
7. Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2002 Mar;18(2):235-9. Probiotics in
gastroenterology. Gionchetti P, Rizzello F, Campieri M.
8. Curr Infect Dis Rep. 2006 Mar;8(2):103-9. Probiotics and prebiotics for
gastrointestinal infections. Novak J, Katz JA.
9. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2006 Nov;9(6):717-21. Probiotics as
functional food in the treatment of diarrhea. Yan F, Polk DB.
10. Dig Liver Dis. 2006 Dec;38 Suppl 2:S266-9. Is there a role for probiotics
in irritable bowel syndrome? Camilleri M.
11. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2005 Sep 1;22(5):387-94. A probiotic
mixture alleviates symptoms in irritable bowel syndrome patients: a
controlled 6-month intervention. Kajander K et al.
12. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2005 May 15;21(10):1263-72. Probiotic
supplementation improves tolerance to Helicobacter pylori eradication
therapy--a placebo-controlled, double-blind randomized pilot study.
Myllyluoma E et al.
13. Int J Food Microbiol. 1998 Oct 20;44(1-2):93-106. Demonstration of
safety of probiotics -- a review. Salminen S et al.
14. Curr Issues Intest Microbiol. 2006 Sep;7(2):73-89. Lactic acid bacteria
as probiotics. Ljungh A, Wadstrom T.
Jarro-Dophilus™ + FOS 100 Caps
3.4 Billion Organisms per Cap
Introductory Price: $30